Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Recent Quotes

Yesterday when we were at Emma's she told us that she fell down and hurt her knee. I asked her if she cried and she said she did. Ryan's response was "sometimes when we fall down and don't get a boo boo...we need to be tough." I can assure you that response was learned from the Mulick side of the family.

This little story isn't funny in itself but it just shows that we have no idea what Ryan is out telling people about us and our rules and whatever else she deems important to tell. She was telling me that her teachers were sorry she was sick and that it is no fun to be sick. She apparently told them that she got to watch t.v. before bed when she was sick because "it is special when you are sick." I wonder what other rules or habits or quirks of ours that she spouts out at school.

When we were at the Hammer's in Spokane, T & T had to put eye drops in Tasmin's eyes and Ryan said "I used to do that...they call them eye drops."

Ryan was crawling on the top of the couch and she knows she is not supposed to do that. I asked her if she was supposed to do that and she said she was. She thought about it and then said "but don't tell Daddy...because he knows I'm supposed to do it." I couldn't contain my laughter and just died laughing out loud. She did too but I don't think she knew why I was laughing.

We were eating dinner at Gin Gin and Bubby's the other night and Ryan was not wanting to eat her meat. She was supposed to eat something like seven bites and she would put a piece of meat up to her mouth but then return it to her plate and tell Pat that she had "one....two...three." He saw what she was doing and then started to watch her and she said "don't watch me."

As I was typing this Ryan was rambling about princesses and said "we need a princess that is beautiful" and at that point I just about launched into a lesson about how beauty is from within and how we act and treat each other and not how we look on the outside but I let her finish her sentence and she said "we need a princess that is beautiful on the inside and the outside." I've told her that pretty is about what is on the inside a few times but wonder if they talk about that at school because I haven't mentioned it lately. I told her I was so proud that she knew that to be beautiful is more than being pretty.

Since Charley does not speak in sentences I don't have quotes for her. She has been singing the ABCs I think. She will sing A-B -A-B. She knows several of the verses for Wheels on the Bus including wheels on the bus (hand motions), babies on the bus (she cries and rubs her eyes), horn on the bus (she pushes the air and says beep beep beep), driver on the bus (she says "move on back"), and people on the bus (she bounces up and down).

OK, this last quote is something I never thought I would hear in my house or any house for that matter. I will not write out the entire word because it is so embarrassing but you will get the picture. Pat and I are in the kitchen and Ryan in a tattling voice yells "Charley touched my v_g_n_." We look in the foyer and Ryan is lying nudie with her legs in the air and Pat replies "no touching each other's v_g_n_s." At that point I wondered what this world or at the least our household has come to and then I see Charley (also nudie as this is before bath) is lying in the floor with her legs in the air, too.

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment