Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More Quotes from Ryan and One From Charley


Last night Ryan told Pat that Pluto is a dwarf planet and then she clarified by saying "Pluto has been classified as a dwarf planet." Pat had to ask her to repeat herself and then we were laughing so hard we were snorting. I don't know why I think that is so hilarious but the word "classified" coming from a 3-year-old is just funny.

Just as I was typing these quotes, Ryan came in with my nametag from my 20th class reunion that had my senior picture on it. She had commented to Pat that she thought I was wearing a wig. He told her it was my hair. She brought it to me and asked why my hair looked like that. Pat told her that I thought it looked pretty and she said "I don't think it looks pretty."

Ryan's prayer time on 9/14/10: "Thank you for our sins and for taking all of our sins away." On 9/16/10: "Dear Jesus, Thank you for zebras, food, and taking our sins away. Amen." Her new thing is to thank God for the "whole wide world we live on." She usually thanks God for her Mommy, Daddy and Baby Sister Charley. Last week she started praying Charley wouldn't have to take medicine anymore because she had been on antibiotics. This week she is praying that both of them will not have to take medicine. So sweet:)

A couple of weeks ago we were at a gas station and Pat came out saying that the worker was packing a gun on his hip. Ryan asked why and Pat proceeded to provide too much information for her age in my opinion. He told her that he probably had it in case someone was trying to steal something. She asked if the guy wanted to "stuff them up" and she was referring to the person he may shoot because she had seen a stuffed turkey at Walmart the day before and Pat told her that it was shot and stuffed. When we hear her say things like that we really realize how clueless 3-4-year-olds really are about the world. It must be so confusing!

I was watching television with Charley recently and an owl came on television. She pointed to it and said "hoot hoot." I asked her how she knew so much and she told me in a matter-of-fact manner "t.v." Bubby spilled the beans and told me that she DID see some sort of owl on a t.v. show at their house. Along the same lines, Ryan knows alot from t.v....she was showing me some animals in a book and telling me what they were. I thought one of them was a penguin and she said it was a condor. I've never even heard of that-not that that means anything.

More to come on Charley Antics...also, I haven't forgotten the final phase of our vacation that ended almost 3 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment