Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Ry Ry! Did I just say 5th?

Dear Baby Ry Ry,

Since you are 5 I think I can still call you that. I cannot believe how fast these 5 years have gone. It is very disturbing that the next 5 will go just as fast and in the blink of an eye you will be 10. I am going to do better to slow down and enjoy you because I think the years ahead will be great. A lady I work with, Marcheta, calls these next few years the golden years of childhood. The years in between the crazy toddler years and the years before teenage years.

You have been pretty golden in the last few months. It seems like a couple of months before turning 5 you really matured. You are less emotional and can cope with frustrations and being told "no" so much better. You seem to let it roll right off of you-something I never thought I would say:-) You have not had any major "issues" that need serious addressing. You have just been fun and laid back.

As I have said again and again, you are a great big sister. Charley loves you so much and you are so sweet with her (most of the time). If she cries you immediately give her something to help her feel better. Or you do your "I'm a moose" pose.

Your best friend is Emma, for better or for worse. I could do a post on your friendship. You both just love each other but it is to the exclusion of others. You all act crazy and silly. You are learning hard lessons on how to be friends with more than one person. I am sounding like my mother as I encourage you to have more than one friend. May the Lord helps us all if I continue down that road-haha!

You love t.v. You would watch it 24-7 if we let you. You get to watch t.v. while you eat breakfast on school mornings and sometimes after school a little bit. Your favorite shows are Little Einsteins, Bubble Guppies, and Team Umizoomi. You zone out and go into another world while watching t.v. and we have to yell in your ear or get right in front of your face for you to hear us.

You seem to like things that are beautiful. You comment on when you think something is pretty. You like to decorate and arrange things. Gin Gin said a long time ago that even when you were little you liked colors and seemed to know when things were pretty.

When you grow up you say that you want to be an animal doctor, a doctor, a teacher, and a Mommie. You talk about how I will be the grandmother and will babysit. You also say that you will want to live with Mommy and Daddy when you grow up. I think that would be just fine!

You started taking piano lessons this summer and I think you are doing really well. You seem to like it and have learned more than I learned in years of piano. I asked you what your favorite part was and you said the candy at the end and the flash cards-ha! Not the actual playing the piano. You are playing Away in a Manger for the Christmas recital.

You also started taking gymnastics this summer and are doing great. You look like a little gymnast and are very muscular. I think balance beam is your favorite.

You still take dance and have added tap this year. You love tap and show us the moves alot.

You are doing AWANA Cubbies again this year. You don't hesitate about going like you did last year.

You have been on your first playdate without a parent. You went to your friend Anna Lampkin's house this summer. I think you were a little nervous. Tomorrow you are going home from school with Eleanor McClain. At first you did not want to do that but today you decided that you did. I'm excited for you to spread your wings and make some new friends.

You are doing a great job with reading and you are starting to spell. You ask us all the time to spell out sentences for you. You say that you don't do math/numbers/counting at school but you are counting to 100 by 10s and saying things like what is 2 plus 2? What is 4 plus 4? What is 6 plus 6? Mrs. Smith, the 1st and 2nd grade teacher, asked you if you were doing math and you said "no." And then a little bit later you said "what is math?"

You are working on your Open House for Hope Lutheran and this year the unit is on the USA. You are loving it. You are talking about the "olden days" all the time. You are learning about "The Grand Ole Flag" and point out the American flag all over town. Mrs. Oster said that when you sing you tend to be quiet and reserved but when you sing The Grand Ole Flag you open your mouth big and sing loud. How cute!!!

You love animals. You are very good with Snowball. You can be very firm with him when needed. You put him away for us when we leave the house. You take a treat with you in the kitchen and shut him in. You really really loves cats. I'm not sure if that is because you can't have one due to my allergies:-) You do seem like a cat person, though. I'm sure you will have one when you grow up and move out.

You remind me of myself when I was little. You are a little bit shy and reserved. You have a hard time looking at people in the eye and speaking to them. It takes you time to warm up to other people but once you do your full personality comes out. I see you getting better and better in these areas all the time.

All in all, you are such a blessing. I am so thankful for your little life. I sure don't deserve a sweet little girl like you. I hope that I can be the Mommie you deserve. If not, which will inevitably happen, there is always Jesus. He won't fail you.
I love you!
Mommie

No comments:

Post a Comment