Monday, December 26, 2011

Do You Take Salt With Your Coffee?

At this point in time I don't think I'll ever forget the story I'm about to relay but in 30 years the memory may have faded a bit. If I put it on the blog then it will be preserved as if wrapped in salt (hehe).

So, last year on Christmas morning 2010, Gin Gin and Bubby came to the house to watch Ryan and Charley come down the stairs and see what Santa brought them. We all sipped coffee as is the norm and Bubby kept commenting on how strong Pat makes his coffee.  No one really paid any attention to it until I walked in the kitchen and found my canister of kosher salt sitting next to the coffee pot. He thought the salt was sugar and put a couple of teaspoons in his coffee. We all tasted what he was drinking and couldn't believe 1) how hideous it was; 2) that he kept trying to drink it; and 3) he didn't realize it tasted like salt. So, we had many laughs about this over the last year.

Fast forward another year to Christmas morning 2011and we are all together again, this time at Spragins House where we are living. Bubby commented, again, on the strength of the coffee. No one thought anything about it. Then, he says that someone mentioned the word salt and a light bulb went off in his head. He then brought the kosher salt canister to me and asked what it was. Let me just say....I cannot type this without laughing out loud. Maybe you just had to be there. He had been drinking salted coffee AGAIN for an hour thinking it was just strong. We tasted it again and it makes me laugh AGAIN at the thought of him drinking it and thinking it was just strong.

So, anyway, that is the Legend of the Salted Coffee.  I hope to not have to add to this post next year. Uncle Aaron suggested that Bubby put a reminder in his phone to make sure he isn't salting his coffee next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment