Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy SIXTH birthday, Ryan!

Dear Ryan,

This was actually written on your birthday but not completed until the day after Christmas. I wanted to wait until your birthday night to put the details in there:-)

So, here goes:

I cannot believe you are six-years-old. You have grown up so much in these last few months. You seem to really know what is going on around you.  You are so easy to be with and are so becoming so flexible and easy going. You are so caring and loving to your family, especially to your sister.

You had a little bit of trouble before Charley's birthday knowing she would get presents and you would have to wait four whole days. However, by the time her birthday was here you did great celebrating it with her. We got to celebrate yours before your actual birthday at your first joint party with Charley at John 3:16. You picked out an elaborate Hello Kitty cake on the Internet that was two levels and had Hello Kitty candy necklaces, Hello Kittys, and lollipops on the top. You and Charley greeted your guests and you took their gifts. You had a great time! When we were getting out of the car at John 3:16 you slammed your finger in the car door for the first time. It only got the tip and you recovered fast. Gin Gin and I got up in the top play thing and so did Daddy. You said when you would go up there Gin Gin would be up there and you would ask her why and she would say she liked it up there.

After the party during rest time you played with your new toys. You especially liked the crafts. You did a sticker-by-number project and decorated a jewelry box.

You also got to open two presents on Charley's birthday. You opened Gin Gin and Bubby's (cute outfit you wore to your party and brown Uggs). And you and Charley got to find out that we are going to the Polar Express next month. You spearheaded making a train out of little furniture during rest time the next day.

On your birthday you came into Mommy and Daddy's room and we sang Happy Birthday to you. You said you were tired. Mommy, Gin Gin, and Bubby came to your celebration at school. You picked Charley to be your sun and you walked around it SIX TIMES.

That night Gin Gin and Bubby came over for dinner. You picked lasagna for dinner. You also picked out an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Like Charley, you got a pink North Face hat. You got Stompeez (slippers that pop up when you stomp). This is pitiful and why I should have finished this on your birthday-I can't remember what else you got. Daddy can't either. You can't either. I had to look at Charley's blog to remember you also got a cute monogrammed mermaid beach towel.

Well, you are just the greatest 6-year-old I've ever known. You are very mature and smart and loving. I am so lucky to be your Mommy. I love you. In 10.5 months you'll be SEVEN. NOOOOOO!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment