Charley got a library card and calls it her "library ticket." She also recently called the painting easel the "painting weasel." Ryan calls pretzels "prinsels."
Charley is always good about waiting in the car if I have to run in somewhere fast (not like the grocery store....but to drop off something briefly). Ryan gets very scared and she told me that if she counts to 100 and gets to 100 and we are not out she cries. She said "Charley's special talent is courage and art." Ha!
Downtown Batesville has a big chalkboard where people can write down what they want to do before they die....
Ryan: To be a good person
Charlrey: I want to love Jesus. Ryan told her that she already loves Jesus and she said "I want to do it again."
This is classic and I can't remember which one said it. They were going to GG and Bubby's for a sleepover and I asked if they wanted to take books to read before bed and one of them said "GG maybe won't let us."
Ryan told me recently that my breath smelled so bad that if she smelled it again she would throw up in my face.
Again, I wrote down this quote but forgot who said it. Only kids...."do you want me to tell you all the things that make me want to throw up?"
I complimented Charley on something and Ryan said "I say that and you never notice." Oh, the comparisons and sibling rivalries already. Charley put on lipstick the other day and I asked if she had make up on her skin. She said she didn't and I commented that her skin looked so pretty. Ryan informed me that I had never told her that. Keeping score.....I don't know of anyone else who does that?!?!
I'm proud of Ryan because in the last couple of days she has turned the t.v. off herself. It is summer and I've let them watch more. I asked if she was done with t.v. and she said that she thought she shouldn't watch that much. This morning they let us sleep until 9:30 and watched 4 shows (that IS alot, I know) but turned the t.v. off and played after 4 shows. Love that they are self-regulating (even though it's due to bad parenting).
Ry was recently discussing her eye problem and I reminded her that God made her perfect and that she is perfect and she said "I'm not perfect, God is." So sweet.
OK, that's what I remember (have made notes of) lately....
KK
Hi this is Ryan from the future (20180 I sound like I was a wonderful child and Charley was not.😁
ReplyDelete