I quickly want to post about some funny things Ryan has said in the last week.
1) She wants us (Pat or me) to ask her to read a book to us. So, we say "will you read me a book?" Then, she says: "no me have time." I have no idea where she got that. I know if she asked me to read a book to her I would pretty much stop what I was doing because that's a good thing to reinforce if she likes it. I know I haven't said "I don't have time" many times if at all. Pat doesn't think he has said it either. We know Joe Ann doesn't say no to her. Can't figure that out. Maybe on t.v.?
2) Jessica Fagan was running by our house and Ryan commented to Pat that she was exercising. Then she commented that "Mommy exercises....no Daddy exercise." Pat was a little disturbed by her picking up on that and doesn't want to be the parent who doesn't exercise so he may get a bike so he can go riding with all of his friends that do have bikes. He thinks that's the only way he will exercise.
3) The other day Ryan was pretending to exercise and said "exercise makes my body feel good." I'm guessing she may have learned that at school but I may have told her something like that if she asked why I was doing it.
4) Ryan had a little episode of assaulting Charley the other night. Ryan was "reading the paper" and Charley took it from her. Ryan then proceeded to push her down and roll on top of her where she was lying on her back on top of Charley lying on her back. I wasn't there. Pat told me what happened. He got VERY stern with her and sent her to her room (I was upstairs and heard the whole thing). She was crying and upset. We both talked with her about it. She then apologized to Charley and hugged her. At bedtime she picked out a book called "You're All Right." It's funny because my cousin Susan gave it to me when I was little. It talks about how people make mistakes, have accidents, get in trouble, burp, poop, fart, etc. and that it is all alright. She said she picked that book because "me mad to Charley." So, I think our little mini-lectures sunk in to the point that she wanted to read something that would remind her that she's "alright." So cute-I wouldn't have thought she would still be thinking about it at bedtime and I wouldn't have thought she would have connected getting in trouble with that book.
5) Yesterday when Joe Ann got here Ryan was eating her cereal at the table. Joe Ann brings her something unhealthy everyday and she looks forward to that. Usually it's donut holes or 100-calorie pack cookies. Ryan asked her if she brought her anything and Joe Ann knows that she has to finish her breakfast before having a treat (it was useless to try to make it wait until after lunch like normal people). Ryan immediately said "me all done." I told her she had to finish her cereal first." She then said to me: "you go bye-bye." She was nice about it and gave me a big hug and kiss but knew that I was the one thing standing between her and free reign at the house. Later in the day, Daddy stopped by to drop off some exchanges he made for us at Old Navy in Jonesboro (which reminds me of something else funny about Ryan). What he witnessed confirmed my suspicions that Ryan and Charley rule the roost while we are gone. Ryan was in Charley's exersaucer while Charley crawled around the floor while Mimi made Ryan's lunch. I guess it's not a big deal but we just wouldn't let her get in there because it's a baby toy. That night she was wanting to get in it and Pat told her that she couldn't. She kept saying "Mimi lets me do it." Yeah-Mimi lets you do alot of things we don't let you do:).
6) I bought Ryan some jeans and corduroy pants at Old Navy. I got 2T instead of 3T because the weight/height for 2T was closer to Ryan's size than 3T. She tried them on and was in tears. She would squat down and say that they hurt her legs. So, at that point I knew that she probably wasn't going to like that fabric and having buttons around her waist (Remember the "Too Tight" post?) But, I had Daddy get the 3Ts just in case she might like them. Nope, she squatted down and said they hurt her legs. Then, she tried on some leggings and said "no these hurt." Like mother-like daughter. I love clothes that resemble pajamas in terms of looseness. So, I think all children need a pair of jeans and even corduroys but I'm (read: Daddy) taking them back because it's not worth the battle. I guess knit pants it is for another season. The funny thing is when we (Mommy and I) were at Old Navy I told her I didn't think Ryan would like those fabrics for those reasons but she told me not to assume that about her and let her decide. I was right. I didn't even buy some cute shirts that were more like men's dress shirt material because I knew they wouldn't be stretchy enough. I guess if this is still going on in a few years we'll just start her psychotherapy earlier than planned.
7) People around me better be careful because I'm not only jotting down cute things Ryan says but I found myself doing it with Nana today. I invited her to come over this afternoon but she said that she couldn't because she had a busy week. I asked her what she had been busy doing and she said "different things....to many things to mention...I had a busy day yesterday...I went to hear singing last night." She was laughing as she said this because I think she knew she didn't have a busy week and she knew I knew that too. So, beware family....what you say to me might end up in blogworld:)
KK
P.S. I'll do a post about Charley tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment