Monday, October 12, 2009

Evening Prayers

Tonight I did Ryan's bedtime routine because Pat had to go host a study break at a coffeehouse-sounds suspicious but whatever. So, Ryan and I were doing prayers and she has been requesting to do "short prayers" which means we just bless all of our friends and family without going through alot of the names. So, I sort of did short prayers but I was also thanking God for the day and Ryan said "bless Daddy so he will be safe driving home." I thought that was the SWEETEST THING ever. I hope she doesn't worry about us being safe or not. That's something I would have worried about and I hope she doesn't have to deal with that. Then, I kept praying a long Baptiste prayer and she said "that's enough." So, I wrapped up the prayer and then was telling her how much I loved her. I was making a point of doing this because when I told her Daddy wasn't doing bedtime tonight and that it was me she said "Do you love me?" I was horrified. I told her of course I did and I asked her if she knew that I loved her. She said she did. So anyway, I was going on and on about how much I loved her from here to the moon and back and then back to the moon and forever and ever and always and blah blah blah. And I thought we were having such a special bonding moment until she said "Stop talking." Awww, you've got to love the honesty. Simple and direct-no hard feelings just what she feels. Awesome!

One last thing sort of related. She was telling me about a girl at school who grabbed her around the neck at school today. We had a long conversation about it as far as what was she doing when this happened (walking from lunch to the bathroom), was she doing anything to make the girl mad (no), was she being nice (yes), did she tell the teacher (no), what the teacher did (yelled "no" and put girl in time-out), did it hurt (no), and did she cry (no). As we were talking I asked if this child got in trouble alot at school and she said she did. I asked if this was the first time something like this happened to her or had it happened before (first time). She knew the child wasn't supposed to do that but when I asked her why she did it she said "because she loves me." She wasn't mad at all even though she knew the child wasn't being nice. As we were talking she asked God to help this child be nice at school. I thought that was so sweet because a few times I have asked her if she wanted me to pray for her and for God to help her be nice to Charley (or us) and she always wants me to pray and she will be very serious when I do. I was so proud when she was praying for the little girl spontaneously--I told her that was exactly what we are all supposed to do-pray for those who hurt us. She had no clue of what I was really talking about but maybe it stuck a little bit.

OK, off to Leviticus......

If anyone is reading this tonight or tomorrow morning do say a quick prayer that our Bible Study morning will be smooth and peaceful (ha!).

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment