Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What Makes Jesus Happy?

Last night I was talking to Ryan about making Jesus happy and that I was going to start asking myself what might make him happy. Tonight, she had four rubber bands and she was offering to give one to Charley who had a little tantrum on the floor because she wanted all of them. I negotiated with Charley and got her to agree, while still crying, to just hold all of them and give them right back to Ryan. I asked Ryan if she would go along with that and she held them high in the air and said "no." Then I remembered our conversation last night and asked her what she thought would make Jesus happy. She immediately gave them to Charley and seemed to have a change of heart. She told Charley she could just have them (in a happy way, not bitter). I told her that I was so proud of her choice and she jumped up and down and said she made Jesus happy. Then she said "at first I didn't want to and I thought about it for a minute and knew I should give them to her because Jesus would be happy." I thought that was so cute that I ran to a piece of paper to write it down.

As we were getting ready for bed Ryan said "I've been a good big sister today and tomorrow morning I'm going to be very helpful." She asked if she could make Charley's breakfast, turn on the T.V. for her, and help her get dressed. She then added that she was helpful tonight because "it's just you" (Pat is gone tonight and I was solo parenting). I told her how proud I was that she was being so helpful and then she asked if I would make sure to write that down. Ha! Then, a few minutes later as I was tucking her in she reminded me to write it down. So, I'm just doing as requested...

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment