Last night before bed, all four of us were in our bed and Ryan and Charley were coming up with funny dog names. They would go back and forth and say "what about a dog named Kristi." Then the other one would say "what about a dog named blah blah." Each time they would just die laughing. Pat and I were laughing so hard, too, because we were laughing at them. Then, it was Charley's turn and she said "What about we do this all night?" I think she summed up how much fun we were having and it is rare when we are all laughing so hard at the same thing.
One of Ryan's best friends is at Disney World this week and her other best friend was sick. She said she was lonely at school. She talked about how she didn't have anyone to play with. It was so sad....so we prayed about it and talked about how she is never alone because God is with her. So, after I tucked her in last night she so seriously asked "will you pray in there? So I won't feel so lonely?" She meant would I pray when I went to our room. I was so happy because it was the first time she knew to ask for prayer. I was so proud that she knew that would help and that she didn't just have to suffer with being sad and lonely and that there was help for her. The whole thing made me so sad because I don't want her to deal with sadness-but I know it's a part of life. And my job is to teach her now how to deal with it so she can be healthy about it as a teenager and adult. This morning we prayed again and I told her I would pray for her every time I heard the campus bell ring and I did. When they left for school, Charley said "I'll take care of Sissy." So sweet. Lo and behold, she had a great day at school and played with people she doesn't normally play with. God answers prayers!!! I think the use of the name Hosanna is fitting here:-)
Finally, Ryan had her parent-teacher conference last week and she is in pre-school and reading at the 2nd grade-6 month level. Hosanna again!
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment