Last night I had a cute conversation with Charley. During her cuddle time she asked my why sometimes people are scared and sometimes they are not scared. Her next question was: "are bears real?" I told her they are real but they don't live around here. She has been afraid of bears in our woods at the college and at Gin Gin and Bubby's before. I told her bears live in places like Canada. Her class is studying Canada this month and she asked why there are not pictures of bears in the Canada pictures. Ryan then chimed in and said there are pictures of bears in those pictures.
Her next question was: "are bad guys real?" I didn't want to scare her so I just said sometimes people make bad choices. She was not satisfied with my answer and asked again. Still not satisfied with my vague answer she said, "no....are there people who are bad and who are guys?" Ha! Ryan chimed in again and said that there are because bad guys are the ones that broke into our car and stole some of our things a couple of years ago.
Then Charley asked about what if someone got into our house at night. I told her that it couldn't happen because we lock our doors and windows and you have to have a key to get in. She said "so, monsters and bad guys don't have a key to our house, right?" I assured her she was right but also told her monsters are not real.
So, the conversation culminated in her wanting me to sleep in bed with her all night long. Scary stuff if you are four and don't know what's real and what pretend!!
Ryan also had a funny comment last night. I was on my way to hot yoga and said I was going early because I like to sit in the hot room. I said I was turning into Bubby because I don't like the cold. She said: "are you turning into Gin Gin where you like fancy things." Ha! Where did she come up with that?
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment