We were talking about "the Devil" and temptation on the way to school. Charley said "Angels are really nice but that Devil angel isn't nice."
I was at Walmart with Charley and we passed an old woman and she asked loudly "is she going to die at Walmart?" I asked her why she thought that and she said "because she's so old." I was telling Pat about this and he told me that last summer Ryan passed a boy who had bad acne and she said something like "whew....look at all of those red dots on his face." Also, when he was dropping Ryan off at dance recently there was an overweight man and Charley loudly told Pat to "look at his big belly."
When I was subbing at Hope Lutheran, Mrs. Oster asked the children what they were most excited about for Easter. Ryan said "because Jesus rose from the dead." Charley said "because I get to eat candy."
In a similar conversation with the two of them, Ryan was talking about having a lemonade stand and donating the money to various causes. Charley said "I'm going to use my money to buy food and toys."
I'm seeing a familiar pattern here....
Also while subbing at Hope, Charley was very excited about her progress on her book, Six Ducks in a Pond. After she read to me, she walked around the room and told the other children what page she was on. Then, there was another little girl on the same book reading to me and Charley walked up and asked "what page are you on?" The little girl told her and she said "she's not in the 100s like me." I told her that we don't say things like and then Charley said "she's doing a great job." THEN, she came back by while the same girl was reading and asked "has she passed me?" It looks like we have two very competitive girls. I'm happy they are pushing themselves but want them to know all they need to do is their best and not worry about what others are doing.
Charley is so focused on being fast. So, she finished her Six Ducks in a Pond workbook REALLY FAST. Usually it takes a few weeks but it took her a few days. We were all shocked and proud of her. We talked about it for a few days and praised her. She accepted the praise and appeared so proud of herself. Then, one night in bed she announced that she didn't read the sentences and she just checked the boxes. Uh oh. I don't know what to say about that. The fact that she cheated. But the fact that she went along with all of our praise. The teachers correct their workbooks and we were talking about her having not gotten her corrections back yet. Ryan said "I think she's going to have alot of corrections." Ryan-ever the rule follower!
OK, that's it. Will do a post on Ryan soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment