Dear Charley,
Five-years-old. I honestly cannot believe it. Time is flying so fast. I'm trying to savor every little thing about you because are still so tiny and still have a cute baby look with your cheeks, the way you talk ("r"s), and the some of the things you like. I started this post before your birthday and now it is the 21st. Just this morning I looked at you and you looked 5. You looked taller and less baby-like. :-(
At 5 you are VERY FUNNY and you find all kinds of things very funny. You especially like bathroom and body part humor. We were reading a book last week that said "stinky pinky underpants" you just died laughing. Yesterday we were making cake pops that Aunt Ashley and Uncle Aaron got you for your birthday and I turned around and you had pulled your pants down to show your bootie as you sat on the stool. You are learning sign language at school and you and Ryan were showing us signs for different words. Then you did a push up and said "that is sign language for push up" and died laughing.
Your emotions are calmer now:-) However, you can still pitch a good fit! Thankfully, your teachers at school cannot believe this about you. You are a perfect angel at school. Your teachers think you are super smart and are even letting you skip nap to stay up with the kindergarteners to do work. You are reading very well (1st grade reading at age 4!!!) You LOVE to give lessons at school and the teachers say you give more lessons than they do. In fact, you are listening to over five kindergarteners do their reading for the day because you are so good. The teachers say you are gracious about the fact that you are 1.5 years older than some you are helping with reading. You like to organize craft activities at home and will make an "example" and teach each of us how to make it.
You know what you like in terms of clothes. You don't want me to pick out clothes for you and when I offer something you worse last week you will say "no" and keep looking until you find just what you want. You like to pick your matching rubberbands for your hair and lay them out at night with the socks and shoes you will wear. You put two rubberbands out for pigtails and one for a ponytail. You sometimes look like we can't afford clothes even though every year you have new, nice, cute clothes to wear. You have your own style. Sarah, our babysitter, walked in yesterday and you asked her why she looked so "fashiony."
You love your Big Sis very much. So much that sometimes you don't know how to tell her and you will just hit her or be mean wanting her attention. Then, she gets upset and then you start crying and just want a hug from her.
You are still taking gymnastics and just moved up to Level 1. You are so excited about this because your new American Girl doll (McKenna) is a gymnast. You started piano this last summer and have done really well with it. It's so cute to see you play the piano.
At your school celebration you were so proud. You walked so fast around the circle with your Earth. You could barely contain yourself and were just holding back excitement and smiles as the class sang to you. When Mrs. Oster asked what you did at different ages you said Ryan pushed you down when you were 2. It was so funny and everyone laughed. Ryan denied it and you said "yes you did...you told me last night." Ryan was embarrased and thought everyone was laughing at her. Mrs. Oster asked what you wanted to do now that you are 5 and you said "be in Kindergarten." She asked what you want to do in Kindergarten and you told her you wanted to learn to sew a book with her. She told you that she would teach you how to do this when you are in Kindergarten and you are so excited.
You have been talking more and more about God and Jesus. You are starting to clue in. I'm so happy about that. You will say that you love God more than me and that makes me so happy.
I've been telling you that I have a secret and then you say "what?" and I say "I love you." You will say "I know that...don't do that again."
We joke that you are going to be a radiologist. We call you "the finder" because if any of us looses or misplaces something you can walk right in the room and find it. It's awesome. You love to go on a search and we love you to find our things:-)
I love you so much!!
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment