Monday, February 23, 2009

A Miracle Has Occurred

This is a miracle-Ryan and Charley have both been asleep for 1 hour and 10 minutes. This is a record. They have never slept at the same time for this long. I actually got some things cleaned up (not everything but enough). I roasted a chicken and carved it because Ryan usually likes chicken. As much as I've been waiting for something like this it is very disturbing. I'm enjoying the silence but sort of ready for them to wake up.

The morning has been good. We can't go to Dr. Moody's until 3:00. I got Ryan some foam cards with foam letter and flower stickers to put on the cards and decorate. It was a little advanced and I had to help her peel off the sticky part of the stickers. But, she still seemed to like it. She mostly liked picking up the little letters and dropping them and saying "snowing." She made cards with an M and a C for Mommy and Charley. She also watercolored this morning. I had to be on the phone for probably 30 minutes and she played so well by herself. She made a big bed for her dolls downstairs in the foyer. Earlier when I was trying to get Charley asleep for a nap, Ryan played well with her dolls. She got them each a pillow and blanket and covered them up. She sang "Rock a bye baby tree top"....she didn't know the other words. She also sang something she made up "Go to sleep baby... close your eyes." Then, she put her bear TT (from Tatum) in the rocking chair and a baby in TT's lap with a blanket. Later I asked her if her babies were hungry and she said they were. She lifted up her Dora gown to nurse them. She said "pump milk like Mommy does." She's such a good little Mommy and so caring-the same with Charley.

I think I hear Ryan stirring. Better go....

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment