Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

So, I finally have time to actually blog and have nothing to say. We've had a busy weekend getting caught up. Tomorrow we take Ryan to get checked again for strep and I hope and pray it's negative. Pat doesn't think it will be but we'll see. We'll also get Charley weighed and make sure she is gaining weight better. I think she will because the reflux is better and she seems chunkier.

Ryan did not have a nap today. She fell asleep in the car and when we tried to get her to bed without waking up she woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. So, bathtime started at 5:30-ish and she was in bed by 7:00. It was pretty nice....I feel guilty that I think that. Pat has Charley upstairs and is working on downloading our videos and pictures.

Katee C. came to babysit so we could get some things done today. Ryan played with her for a couple of hours and then became fussy and only wanted to be with Pat. Charley was fussy, too, so we let Katee go on home early. Since Ryan was so tired I skipped Bible study-wish I didn't have to but I couldn't leave Pat with two out of sorts kids and especially a 2-year-old sans nap. Pat took Ryan out to see Gin Gin's horses. I stayed home with Charley and she played on her playmate most of the time. I did my Bible study on the floor next to her. With Ryan-#1) she wouldn't have entertained herself that long and #2) I would have talked to her the whole time, reading what I was reading and explaining what I was doing leading me to have a nervous breakdown for having no down time. Anyway, Deanda told me it is good to be in the same room with them but not necessarily interacting. They feel secure just being WITH you and you don't have to interact the whole time. Yes, I needed a profressional to tell me this. I did not know it on my own. So, it was so nice to be there with her doing our own things.

I guess that's it. Gotta get geared up for the day at home with the kiddos tomorrow.

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment