As usual, another random post. Just a few things that I need to "document." Pat let me sleep late today since it is Mother's Day. I slept until 9:15. It was wonderful but then I felt kind of tired all day. I think it may be better just to push through and not let down! Maybe Daddy was right all of those years when he told me I was getting too much sleep. Surely he wasn't right, though:) When Ryan got up, though, she came in our room and said "Happy Mother's Day." But the "r" on mother's was not pronounced well. Then she said "me made something for you." SO SWEET. She brought me her card that was also from Charley. She had drawn on it. She told me she drew a happy face on the envelope. A psychologist might say that she is happy based on that. She propped it up on the sheets and said I could look at it while I slept. Awww.
The last two Mother's Days we have gone to feed the ducks. The first one was in Spokane and I was recovering from a slight nervous breakdown. I remember walking around the lake at Manito Park like a zombie thinking life would never be the same again. It wasn't. It is better! Last year we went to Lyon College's lake and fed the ducks. I was just getting over my morning sickness and had been hibernating for a couple of months. Today it was rainy so we didn't feed the ducks. We'll have to pick that up again next year for the sake of tradition.
Below is a picture of Charley. She's really grown alot of hair lately....

No-that's just Nana's wig.Ryan has said a few cute things that I must pass along to my loyal followers...I know you all check my blog several times a day hoping for updates!
- On Friday night, Pat had to go to baccalaureate and Charley was asleep and I was trying to get Ryan to sleep. Charley woke up on her own and I had to carry her into the bathroom while Ryan went potty (part of going to sleep). I told Ryan to be quiet because Charley was trying to go back to sleep while I held her. Ryan dropped this plastic case on the floor and it was loud. I told her that she woke Charley up. As usual, she didn't seem to care that she was making my life more difficult and went on about her business. When she got in bed, though, she said--"Sowwy Mommy...no me mean to wake Charley up." Then, she said it again-"Soooooowwy Mommy...no me mean to wake Charley up." It broke my heart that she thought she did something wrong. She wasn't upset about it-I think I was more upset than she was.
- Before Pat left that night he told Ryan he had to get ready to go to work. Here is a transcript of the conversation: Pat: "Daddy has to get ready to go to work." Ryan: "Member to go potty. Yah, don't wanna have an accident. Member, no pee pee on the floor."
- Ryan's grammatical rules: RULE #1--no use the word "don't", just put the word "no" in front of any sentence that might use the word "don't"; examples include: no me like it; no me like worms; no daddy have ice cream; no balloons have eyes, no me like orange (all recent statements). RULE #2--only use the word "me" to refer to yourself, never use the word "I"; examples include: see first two examples in RULE #1, me cute?, me come too, me like doggies (again, all recent statements). A funny example from last night happened when something fell while Pat was drying her hair and she thought she did it and asked "what did me do?"
- I can't remember if I've posted this before...but Ryan always says "Is Charley cute?" "My baby sister."
- This is related to a previous post regarding appropriate words for body parts...Ryan was going potty at Nana's and I was wiping her and the toilet paper got stuck. She thought it was funny and said "toilet paper stuck on my gina." I guess our efforts are paying off as she is using the correct terminology...at least attempting it.



Charley's hair is awesome...did you guys cut it short again after that picture, I swear it was not that long Thursday at Elizabeth's....
ReplyDeleteAwesome pic...
--Aaron