Note: this post was started 9 days ago-didn't have time to proofread until now....now have to start on a whole new post for the last 9 days...there is already a mistake below but I won't correct for the sake of blog integrity (is that a concept?)....anyway-the mistake is that 9 days ago Charley still needed someone to spot her while sitting up and now she can sit up alone while I leave the room or get things done in the room. This makes her very happy. More updates to come from the last 9 days. 9 days is alot of time in the world of babies and toddlers! Lots can happen!
It is Monday morning after my first stint as a single parent for four nights while Pat went to the Mulick Family Challenge. He was supposed to be home at midnight last night but now won't be here until about noon. He had to change flights and ended up taking a red eye and not sleeping at all. He'll be surprised when I have my suitcase at the back door ready to go on a little trip myself. He he he. No-the weekend went surprisingly well. Gin Gin stayed the first two nights and I was solo the last two nights. Ryan woke up a couple of times the first three nights but all I had to do was go in there and she shut her eyes and went back to sleep. It didn't wake Charley up--who is getting up less often to eat in the night.
Joe Ann came the first full day and Gin Gin and I went to Jonesboro so I could get lots of cotton clothes to wear that can be destroyed. That night Bubby came and helped with bath and bed. Ryan had a wonderful time. They blew bubbles on the porch and in the bathtub. Bubby read her book and stayed for storytime and prayers. He also noticed that there was a fly in her caterpillar jar-we don't know how on earth that happened unless it came through a hole in the top.
On Saturday, Ryan had two birthday parties--at 1 and 4. I put her in bed at 9:50 am to get her to sleep early so she wouldn't miss a nap or have a late nap-I knew that would not bode well. She was asleep by 10:30 and slept until 12 just in time to get up for lunch and get ready for the party. Logan's party was first. She got to play with the kids in the playroom and then have cake and ice cream. She was most excited about the blue balloon that almost bit the dust when I drove off with the string inside the car and the balloon outside of the car. I couldn't figure out why she was crying about the balloon until I noticed this. Gin Gin kept Charley so I could focus on Ryan at the party.
Lindsey's party was at Treasure Island which is basically a big warehouse with gymnastics equipment and a slide that goes into a foam block pit. Ryan just took off and had a great time. It was one of the first times that she seemed independent and would just go off and not need me to come every time. The kids were just running in circles on the big gymnastics mat and Ryan joined in. Then, she would hang from small parallel bars. She LOVED the slide into the foam blocks but wanted me in there. So, Charley and I would climb in and out of the pit while she slid down until I figured out I could pretend to lasso her and that would keep her safe. She sat at the big table with the big kids and ate her cake. The worst part of the day was how excited I was about eating birthday cake two times and I had to act like a normal adult and only eat a normal amount instead of the three to four helpings I really wanted.
I just came into the room and Ryan was kneeling down giving Charley a kiss on the lips. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen that she was doing that while no one was around or looking. She just wanted to give her baby sister a kiss. Then, she was holding her hand singing: "Charley is my best friend....my best friend Charleeeeeeey. me hold Charley's hand."
Things Ryan is doing:
1) Sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Row Row Row Your Boat, and Hush Little Baby
2) Hasn't had any potty accidents in a week or so but sleeps in diapers
Things Charley is doing:
1) Rolling over really well
2) Sitting but still needing a spotter some-but can wobble and get herself back into sitting up position; yesterday I accidentally let her fall back and hit her head two times; I remember Gannon did this when Ryan was a baby and I was horrified and thought I would just die if it happened to Ryan; it wasn't that big of a deal for Charley and she didn't even cry
OK, I'm off!
No comments:
Post a Comment