Ryan tells Daddy a story every night when she goes potty for the last time (which is after books, story, and prayer). The story has been similar recently and below is tonight's story...
Once upon a time there was a little girl named Ryan.
She wanted to go on an airplane and Mommy said no.
So she did something else.
Amen.
Then she asked, was that a good story?
As for Charley-I want to stop time. It is going TOO FAST. She is not going to be a baby for long. I'm excited for her to crawl, walk, and talk but completely devastated that her babyhood will be gone. I held her tonight after her bottle and tried to soak in the experience of her being a sweet, sleeping baby in my arms. I'm teared up writing about it. But, I know that I have so much to look forward to because so far with Ryan each stage gets better. But, nothing compares to babies! Nana said the other day (and she has said it before) that her mother (Mamma Magness) used to say that babies are the closest thing to heaven that we will experience on earth. I agreed with her the first time she said it but as I have learned more about God's love recently I don't think that is just a cliche but I think it may be true. A baby's love/mother's love is so intense and pure and it hasn't been tarnished with anything negative. Charley's smile and her eyes when she looks at me and smiles is just pure love and I imagine heaven will be that times a million. I'm tearing up again. Whew-I just meant to write a quick note about Ryan's story.
KK
I agree...Charley and Ryan's smiles just make you forget all the stresses of life, they're precious!
ReplyDelete