I'm falling behind on my blog duties. I wrote this at work over a week ago and haven't had a chance to edit it until today. And now another week has gone by with more details that my loyal audience is waiting for:)
I left off when Pat got back from his trip. That afternoon I immediately scheduled a massage that left me feeling refreshed and ready to go.
Pat worked Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, Ryan was very clingy and wanted to spend time with him since he had been gone. So, instead of going into work (Lyon) he took her to lunch at Cowboys and she loved her meal (Pat-you need to write in the comments what she liked because I can't remember). We were afraid she'd be upset the next day because we were both going to help at Nana's house. Katee kept R & C--and R had a great time. Katee said that it was very easy-I was worried she would have trouble handling both of them. No matter how many times things go well without me there I still seem to think that my presence and directions are directly related to my children's wellbeing.
It was rainy on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing exciting happened or else I can't remember it if it did.
On Monday (Memorial Day), we were tired of The Ville and headed to The Rock to go to The Purple Cow where Ryan had purple ice cream. Then, we went to The Wonder Place. It was Charley's first time to actually "play." There were mats that she could lie on and try to crawl. She liked when I played peekaboo in a little house with shapes for windows and doors. We sat and read. She liked looking at herself in the mirror. Ryan did all of the usual things-slide, farmer's market, restaurant, art, and other things. Then we headed back and grilled hamburgers. I gave Ryan her Dora umbrella that I got during my Dollar Store shopping spree before Easter. She liked playing outside with the umbrella and her rain boots. The next day she wanted to take it "just in case" when we went to Nana's.
When Ryan sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Charley, she stops crying. If Pat or I sing it she doesn't. So, Cinderella (oops, I mean Ryan) is in charge of keeping the peace if Charley cries. Charley will cry and we'll tell her to sing. She is very obedient to the point that now when Charley cries she'll just start singing without being asked. The other night she was so tired and kind of crying herself but she pulled herself up by her bootstraps and sang through her fatigue and tears. She's already learning the lesson of serving others rather than self (I'm only at the beginning of my lesson on this topic). There was another time, though, where she acted like a normal 2-year-old when I asked her to sing and she said "no, you do it."
I have to document how Ryan sings two songs....
"Twinkle twinkle little star
how YOU wonder what you are"
"Hush little baby, don't say a word
Papa's going to buy you a biwy goat
And if that biwy goat no pull
Papa's going to buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird no sing
Papa's going to buy you a biwy goat
......and back and forth between biwy goat and mockingbird"
She has progressed from just biwy goat and mockingbird and can add in looking glass, cart and bull, and sweetest little baby in town.
I got Ryan 3 books-on Jesus, God, and Noah's Ark. She is FINALLY interested in my "God" books. She liked Noah's Ark and would point at different people in the book and say "is this God?" Pat has read her the book on Jesus two nights. It talked about how Jesus is in heaven with God-and Ryan said "with Ma Ma, too?" Last night I decided we would start saying prayers at dinnertime. Pat taught Ryan his favorite meal prayer "God's neat...Let's eat." I suppose that's good enough for a 2-year-old.
OK, going to start another post about the most recent week with the goal of being finished by the end of the weekend. Like someone else I know (I won't name names John Henry), I seem to create more work for myself by doing things that really aren't that important. Ryan and Charley-if you are an adult or teenager reading this-please tell me you appreciate it!
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment