As I think I've mentioned before, Charley is a firecracker. She is so cute and so is Ryan but the difference is that Charley knows she cute and Ryan has no clue that she is cute. Charley works her cuteness with everyone she comes into contact with. Her new thing is to make eye contact with you randomly during the day and flash a huge smile for no apparent reason. She is also a daredevil. At the pool, she goes to the edge of where she cannot touch and paces back and forth while Pat or I pace back and forth and block her from taking that one extra step into water where she cannot touch. When we let her go forward just to learn what will happen, she swallows water, chokes, coughs, and is ready to try it again.
In another recent incident, Charley was lying on an ottoman and accidentally fell off. She literally rolled off of it and landed flat on her back. I was sure she was hurt. What did she do? She got right back on the ottoman and continued to roll off on her back laughing each time. I sat in disbelief. I'm left wondering what kind of person would enjoy such a thing?
This "living on the edge" and "not learning from negative consequences" reminds me of someone but I just can't remember who. In all seriousness, it's cute and funny at 1.5 years old but not so much the older she gets. I pray that she will always be able to have the firecracker part of her personality but also be safe and find a way to honor God.
No comments:
Post a Comment