Last week was Ryan's Hot Lunch day at school. Every Thursday one of the families brings a hot lunch for the school and that means each family does it twice a year. The first time I brought homemade chicken tetrazzini, carrots/butter/brown sugar, and homemade chocolate mint cupcakes. This week I brought Stouffer's lasagna, honeydew/cantaloupe, and store-bought cupcakes. The children raved about this week's meal but not so much about the first meal. Ryan has been SO EXCITED for her hot lunch. It has been so cute. We bought tablecloths and she picked Tangled/Rapunzel for the girls and Spiderman for the boys. She picked pink plates/napkins for the girls and black plates/napkins for the boys. Charley came with us and went to the playground to play with the big kids at recess while Pat and I cleaned up. Ryan showed us how she can hang upside down by her knees on the jungle gym and then flip off. It scared me to watch. Betsy Tucker said that she thought she would be good in gymnastics because she is so flexible and brave. Brave? Did I hear her correctly? Go Ryan! I think I will sign her up for gymnastics this summer when there is no dance class and see how she likes it.
Ryan has dance class tonight. She is gearing up for the big recital in June-she is going to be a green butterfly in Alice in Wonderland. Charley will be able to take dance in the Fall. I can't believe she is big enough to do that.
OK, I'm going to try to do better about recording the mundane events of our lives just for the record for R & C to know what they did when they were little. I've said that before so we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment