It's been a crazy few days....I won't go into details but in short it involves Ryan with strep throat again and Charley's weight. It also involves Pat, Charley, and me going to Phoenix for the Mulick Girls' Weekend. It also involves Maddie's death. I just wanted to post some funny things Ryan has said lately before I forget....
1. While staying at Gin Gin and Bubby's this weekend she said "crockigator".
2. While walking VERY SLOWLY down the stairs today I was telling her to hurry up....she said "Me hurrying as fast as me can, Mommy." She clearly was taking her short, sweet time.
3. Last night she was asking Daddy if she could slide down the front porch stairs. He kept telling her "no." She said "me close my eyes and Daddy no see."
4. After Maddie died (we didn't tell Ryan) she randomly said "I love MaMa so much."
5. Her new thing when asked a question is that she will put her index finger on her mouth and say "let me think" or "let's see."
6. Before Maddie died, Ryan liked to pretend she was MaMa each night before bed. She would say "Show me MaMa walking around?" Translated: Can I show you MaMa walking around? She would then crawl around in the floor panting like a dog and pretend to eat out of a bowl on the floor. She did this for a few nights-I don't think she did it tonight. Last night at dinner she was saying who she loved and she said MaMa. She said "MaMa no here....MaMa at the doctor." Pat got teared up unexpectedly. We don't want to tell her she's not coming home since she knows she was at the doctor-we don't want her to think she may not come home from the doctor.
7. Pat was watching a t.v. show with Ryan where one of the characters was talking about what he wanted to be when he grew up. Ryan spontaneously said to Pat "me do like Daddy." Too cute. He then told her he was a teacher and that I was a counselor. He explained that I talk to people when they are sad and then they feel happy. If only it was so easy...
As for Charley, she is doing great other than the weight gain issue. She's generally happy and content and likes to "talk." She LOVES Ryan and smiles at her when she is nearby. She loves to play in her chair with hanging toys and on her playmat with hanging toys. Ryan is so good with her. The last couple of days she has been bringing Charley toys to play with. She generally doesn't love her bottle and tonight she sucked it down with no problem as I rocked her and sang "Jesus Loves Me" over and over. She really may have a problem if she finds my singing voice soothing.
I guess that's it for now...
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment