


Today's post is about Ryan's new particularity. EVERYTHING is too tight. Especially diapers. She has stopped wearing regular diapers because they are so bulky and they irritate her. So, she is wearing pull-ups which are more expensive and less absorbent. She has Dora pull-ups so she likes them. BUT, they are too tight too. So, you have to put them on just right and then do many adjustments including having Ryan stand in a Sumo wrestler stance. So, we say "Sumo" and the above pictures show what she does.
Since she hasn't been going to school she really doesn't leave the house that much. Therefore, she doesn't get dressed that much. Therefore, now wearing clothes are irritating to her. She had pants on yesterday but they were also too tight and she had to wear a loose dress. She is also not wearing socks as a rule because they are too tight. She wears her Keds without socks...which is fine.
The other night she woke up screaming "too tiiiiight" in her sleep. I'm not kidding. So, this must be pretty traumatic.
I would be more worried about her if I did not have the same issues as a child (as well as an adult) and if Gin Gin did not have the same issues as a child. I remember having some blue leather shoes with little bitty holes in different designs with a buckle. I was probably about five. I think I had several sizes and wore the same style for several years. I remember when other people would put my shoes on I would tell them to buckle it on the "third notch." Because I guess the second or forth notches would have been too tight or loose. How can I possibly remember this? As an adult, I don't like wearing tight clothes. That's why I continue to wear my maternity clothes long after pregnancy despite the rear-end sagging down to my knees. I got some Spanx a couple of years ago and they make me want to go run around and physically assault someone or myself because they are so tight (I know that's the point but I guess others will have to live with my bulges because I can't deal with the Spanx).
I want to end by presenting evidence that this phenomena of sensory issues and clothing is a genetic disorder. Gin Gin also had this issue as a child. Gin Gin recalls that when she would have more than one layer on such as a skirt and a slip it would bother her that the two different fabrics would hit her at different spots on her waist. She remedied this problem by wearing a piece of elastic around her waist to ensure that the fabric stayed in the same place. My point in all of this is just to say that Ryan came by this honestly. It's in her genes (not jeans, because they would be too tight).
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment