'Those' Moms
That Dress Their Girls in
Matching Smoked Dresses"
Hi to any new readers! Blogging is new to me. My first thoughts about blogging were "why would anyone write about their lives for the world to read?"..."who would think that anyone would care?"..."how self-consumed can you be to have a blog?" Those thoughts changed the more I read other blogs. Last year I stumbled upon Angie Smith's Bring the Rain blog and was drawn in by her faith in a situation I couldn't imagine. I read her blog for Godly inspiration. Through her blog I found others like hers (Kelly's Korner, MckMama, The Williams Family). I've been drawn to reading about people who are using their faith in God to overcome devastating life situations. I think these blogs are such powerful examples of how God can work in our difficulties. I've also been inspired by the community of people who have never met praying for each other and their families. Another aspect of the blog world I've enjoyed is reading blogs about parenting issues, discipline, how others teach children about God, and fun activities to do with kids (Lots of Scotts, Big Mama, Boo Mama). So, my next step in the blogging world was to start my own. I started writing this blog to document my two little girls' comings and goings. I thought it would be easier to blog since it's just easier to type than hand write in a journal that I would have to carry around. I also thought my family would enjoy reading about their antics-even though they also have to listen to them as well. So, my primary focus is the two girlies, Ryan and Charley (yes-I said girls....we didn't even want boys so it's not that we wanted boys...we just liked those names). Ryan is 2 1/2 and Charley is 8 months. I've found in parenting that each day presents new opportunities to rely on God and and relinquish my "control" over my life and in particular my children's lives. So, there are some posts where I talk about what I'm learning in that area. There have been a couple of times where writing has been therapeutic-even if the topic isn't deep. I've enjoyed writing and writing seems to help me organize my experiences, thoughts, and feelings. The only people who know about this blog are my husband, parents, and sister. I'm kind of embarrassed by it-I think it's pretty self-revealing, which for me equals a little loony. I'm not embarrassed by what my family thinks because they already know I'm loony and probably wish I'd keep my innermost thoughts to myself sometimes. I have the tendency to reveal every thought that comes to mind to them! But I try to present myself as somewhat "sane" to others. So, this next step in the blogging world is a big one for me. I'm letting "the cat out of the bag" so to speak and opening this up for others to read. I still haven't taken the final step of letting those that know me know about this blog. Who knows if and when I'll do that.
To my loyal audience of readers (also known as immediate family minus my dad who I'm sad to say is not so loyal--ha)....since you are not deep into the blog world like me, below are links to other blogs that are linking together today. Maybe you will read and start your own.

No comments:
Post a Comment