Monday, July 27, 2009

What Are My Girls Doing/Saying Lately?


I have needed to catch up on the milestones and funny things R & C have done and said. I'm terrible because I think I've forgotten some things!! I started this on Monday, July 27 and it is now Saturday, August 1st. Some things have already changed so I'll note those in parenthesis...

CHARLEY 8 1/2 MONTHS

  1. Has been waving...
  2. Can turn in a complete circle to get things when on stomach...

  3. Eating MUCH BETTER-easily 3 1/2 oz and many times 4 oz...no fighting the bottle...not even for Daddy...I don't have to do acrobatics to get her to eat...it's not stressful...

  4. Rarely spits up anymore-I really never thought this would end....early on we would have round spots of spit up on the hardwood floors everywhere...it makes life so much easier...

  5. Really, really trying to crawl....she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks and she can make about one crawling motion....sometimes she can scoot forward a tiny bit by being flat and sticking her bootie in the air and pushing off by her feet (by Thursday she could make two crawling motions and does the commando Army crawl where she drags her body with her arms)...

  6. Has warmed up to Morgan....Morgan can pick her up anytime and comfort her...

  7. Big mouth smile (just like Ryan's at the same age-like the one in the professional pictures taken with Madison)--her eyes get really wide and then she makes her mouth into a little "oh"-usually right after the big mouth & eye smile...she will do it when she sees something she thinks is exciting and then look at you to make sure you see it too...she also does it when you want into a room...

  8. This week she has really been drooling...

  9. Eating Cheerios and Puffs very well-pretty good pincher grasp...

  10. Doesn't want anyone but family and Mimi to hold her ("doesn't want" is putting it mildly...it means she shrieks to the point that if you are in a bathroom in a loud restaurant on the other side of the restaurant that you will hear her)...."family" is a loose description and only means family in Batesville (and now Morgan)--it doesn't so much mean any family that she just saw at the family reunion...

  11. Can stand holding on to things but not real well and can't pull up herself...

  12. Just this week started being put to sleep alone and allowed to "protest" without being rescued. She's done great and tonight only cried a few seconds. Today she took a 1.5 hour nap in the crib!! The first night was awful for me. She is staying in her pack-n-play until about 10:30 at night and then she gets in our bed and can nurse whenever throughout the night. Baby steps. We're happy that she will go to bed alone and we don't have to keep rushing back in there. With Ryan we made sure that she was asleep before putting her down and that would sometimes take over an hour and cause much frustration. I don't feel like a hostage at night anymore...I wouldn't have done things differently early on but it was time to change. I know in an earlier post I was NOT READY to do this but I am now. But, I'm not ready for her to be totally out of our bed so I don't mind her getting in bed with us after we are all in bed. It doesn't seem to confuse her.

  13. Charley has been pinching people. She gets the tiniest amount of skin in between her fingers and pinches as hard as she can.
  14. Still prefers veggies to fruits...where did this child come from?

RYAN 2 YEARS 8 MONTHS




  1. Is still so so so sweet...when I had to get her in bed with C and me when Pat was gone she was patting her arm and giving her kisses in the dark when she didn't know I was looking...

  2. Speech is easier to understand...

  3. Says Charley "Shawy"

  4. Loves her bedtime story about "Ryan's Arc"-it started as a quick story with Pat telling the Noah's Arc story with Ryan being Noah and has turned into a 5-minute play with light effects each night and about 25 cast members (stuffed animals)...Ryan gets in the corner of her bed and Daddy gets all stuffed animals to the other side of the bed...Ryan buckles her imaginary seatbelt and lifejacket and each animal walks onto the arc but sometimes they go according to species and sometimes by color....then when the rain and storm comes the lights flicker off and on and sometimes Mommy is in the arc and they rock back and forth....then, the rain stops and all of the animals get to come off the boat...For a while Ryan would say she wanted to go to bed at random times and we figured out that she wanted the "boat story"....twice she got her boat story taken away because she wasn't listening during our 6-hour bedtime routine...seriously it made me so sad...I heard Pat in the bathroom trying to get her to listen and she wouldn't...so he told her no boat story....the tears started....she was just devastated and sad....it broke my heart into a thousand pieces....finally she calmed down and she and Pat were in bed and I asked if she was going to read books and she said "no me do boat story" so calmly and then her lip started quivering and she couldn't contain herself and started crying and said "no me do boat story"...it was so sad...she was trying to keep it together but she was just so devastated by not getting to do the boat story...but since then she has listened better. Pat did the right thing but I don't think I could have broken her little heart like that.

  5. While on vacation Ryan and Pat went to get our rental car and she kept saying "not my car...my car white"...Pat couldn't figure out what she was talking about but later figured out she meant our white car at home.

  6. Hasn't been sick in almost FIVE MONTHS!!!! Not since the end of Feb/early March when Pat and I abandoned her to go to Arizona when she had strep throat. So, either the tonsil removal or the probiotics are really working. (Ha-how funny-I wrote this on Monday and on Tuesday night she woke up in the night with a 102.2 fever.) It's Saturday now and she seems on the mend. She went to the doctor and they think it was a virus (thank goodness no strep). Oh well-the five months were good while they lasted.

  7. Potty training going very well-no accidents except two random pooping in pants incidents. Still wears pull-ups during naps. Today Pat called me and asked me to have her panties ready at the back door because she pooped in her pants in the car. So, I was standing at the ready with panties in hand when they pulled up. Pat asked her what happened and she said she tootered and went poopie. Morgan called it a "shart." The only thing funnier than that was that Pat told her that it was OK and that it happens to everybody sometimes. Ryan said: "you poop in your pants Daddy?" In the end, though, it was just a false alarm.

  8. This may be a "you had to be there" story. Tonight Pat was lying on the floor on his stomach. Ryan came up behind him, jumped in the air, and landed on his back on both of her knees and literally bounced off his back in the air and came back down like a trampoline. If you can't visualize it, hopefully in 20 years I'll remember how funny it looked when it happened.

  9. Tonight Pat, the girls, and Morgan went to Cowboys. Ryan was getting in trouble for climbing on the seat. Pat told her to stop or go to time out. She said she wanted to go to time out. So, she was sitting on a chair at another table singing to Morgan "I'm in time out" with a happy voice.

I think that's it. They are growing so fast!


KK

No comments:

Post a Comment