Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hendrix Alumni and Future Hendrix Students

We've had a very fun weekend-which is strange since we are in Little Rock partly for Ryan's surgery tomorrow (tonsils). But, it was also my 15th Hendrix reunion so we got to see alot of my friends and their children (e.g. Ryan and Charley's future roommates at Hendrix.) It's amazing how much things change in 15 years-even 5 years. At our 10 year reunion alot of us went to Discovery afterward. Last night, we were back at the hotel by 10:00. All good changes!

So, below is the Kids' Carnival at Hendrix on Saturday. It is Ryan and Pat watching a guy make animals out of balloons. He made Ryan a red dog but somehow that is lost and we have Addie's blue dog here at the hotel.



Below are pictures of R & C in front of Veasey Hall-my dorm the first two years. This is where I met Julie (Addie's mom), Kerrie (Andrew's mom), and where Leslie (Will & Lauren's mom) and I lived together. Ryan refused to take her jacket off to show her cute sleeveless smocked top from Gymboree that I bought her the day before and is wearing a hand-me-down jacket from the Mulicks. She had a matching bow at one time earlier in the day. She also wouldn't cooperate to let me take a picture WITH Charley in front of the sign so I have two different pictures.


Below is Ryan with her new Dora backpack that I also got her the day before. How cute! She looks like she is already a college student. She put five books in it before we left town.




I took the picture below just trying to get a picture of Ryan's cute shirt...You can see Charley in her carseat looking at Ryan. She just stares at her and smiles at her. She loves her so much! When Charley cries in the car Ryan will hold her hand.
Below are Ryan, Charley and Katee. Katee came to Little Rock with us to stay with R & C while we went to our reunion. Ryan and Charley are wearing matching p.j.'s with ice cream cones on them. I got those for them yesterday too (can you tell I did some shopping and I was maybe trying to make up for Ryan's surgery by buying her things she really doesn't care about?)


Below is Charley on her playmat in the ice cream p.j.'s.
Below are R & C in the p.j.'s and I was trying to get a good picture of them both. Impossible. It's like Ryan knows what I'm trying to do and will do anything to be an obstacle. She had that oblong pillow and demanded it be on the picture. She wanted it on top of her and in both pictures it obscured the ice cream cones on her shirt-how did she know I wanted them in the picture? If she is this oppositional about a picture at the age of 2 what will it be like when she's 16 and dating? Please God let these girls be like their father. PLEASE!!!



You can tell priorities have changed. No pictures from the reunion Saturday night-the pictures skip to Sunday morning with the kids. Leslie and I (and kids) went to Julie's to play this morning. Pat came too. Aaron was there part of the time before he left for the races. The kids all wore Hendrix t-shirts.
Below are Addie and Ryan looking at Addie's new fish, Bob, that she got for her second birthday. They named it Bob because that is one of the few words she can say (and Cactus Jack which is what Aaron wants to name the new baby-not kidding). We'll look back on this years later and see if Cactus Jack wins out-I don't think so!


Addie and Ryan working in the kitchen. They are already more domestic than their mothers...



All of the kids: Addie, Will, Ryan and Charley-Lauren was refusing to get in the picture...

Lauren cooperated...
Still trying to get a good one...



Still trying...

More trying...
Lauren, Ryan, Daddy and Charley

Ryan and Addie coloring...

Ryan and Lauren coloring...
I have to insert a story here that is so typical. Addie and Lauren were sitting and coloring at the table. There were two chairs. Ryan was happily playing across the room with another toy. I wanted her to be part of the group (probably didn't want her to feel left out and I'm sure it could be traced to my childhood but I'm not in the mood tonight to trace it). So, I suggested that she go color with them. Well, she innocently assumed that her mother's advice would be good and that she could trust me and that I was thinking about her and not my own unresolved issues from childhood. So, she came over to the table and started coloring. Lauren got up for a second and Ryan sat in her chair. I told Ryan that Lauren was sitting there but Leslie said Lauren will take care of herself and would just push her off if she wanted it. Things seemed to be going fine and I don't know what I was doing but the next thing I knew Lauren was in the chair, Ryan was crying, and Aaron was running downstairs looking for another small chair for Ryan. Lesson to self: if kids are playing well by themselves do not assume they have the same psychological issues that you did and try to "help."
Below is Leslie-the kids behind her are playing with a water table that has water and toys on one side and sand and toys on the other side...
Ryan and Lauren playing with the table...

We braved going to the Buffalo Grill with all of the munchkins and Kerrie and Andrew met us there. Addie got cut out of the picture. They were ALL great. No problems. Pat thought he should take R back to the hotel because she was tired and he didn't think she would make it. She was great!


Andrew and Will at Buffalo Grill...
We went back to the hotel and napped and then to the pool. Below is a picture of Andrew and Ryan walking to the pool. They held hands. It was so cute. Ryan doesn't normally warm up to people so quick.


Swimming. Addie and Julie came later...Andrew was doing cannonballs. Ryan loved it. She said "you're funny." When it was time for them to leave we told her to thank Andrew for coming. She said "Thank you Andrew for coming to swim. Poo poo in my diaper."
So that's it for the fun weekend. If I'm a real blogger I'll take my camera to the hospital and take some pictures and blog about the day. We'll see about my true colors then.
KK




No comments:

Post a Comment