The first elimination occurred this morning. She had said she needed to pee pee so she sat on the potty a couple of times with no luck. Then, I was doing something else and saw her walk by to her bathroom. I must stop here and describe her bathroom since we only have two bathroom in the house. We now have a third. It's in the hall closet in the foyer. It's actually a perfect place for her potty. So back to the story, I was doing something else and I saw her walk by and go into her bathroom/coat closet. Then, she called for me and I went in there and she was sitting there with a huge smile and had gone pee pee. ALL BY HERSELF.
Then, a little later she said she needed to go poopie. I sat with her and read for a little while and then she didn't want to try anymore. Yesterday Pat found her squatting in the living room and she said "me go poopie right here." Pat told her she had to go on the potty and she wanted a diaper and apparently got pretty upset. So, this morning she had still not gone. So again, I was doing something else and saw her walk by and go into her bathroom and close the door. Hmmmm. I went and opened the door and she told me to go away because she was pooping. So I did and and few minutes later she called for me and she was successful. I was so excited. I thought the pooping would be a battle.
For the third elimination, we had been eating lunch at her table in the playroom. I went into the kitchen to do something and saw her run by toward the closet and I asked her if she was going potty. She said she was and that she "went a little bit in the playroom...it was an accident." So, she successfully made it to the closet! She showed me where the accident happened and I couldn't quite find evidence but will wash the blanket that she was standing on for good measure.
For the fourth elimination, she requested a diaper again from Pat and he denied her request. So, he sat with her and read to her while she sat on the potty. She was successful and wanted to bring the bowl to me in the kitchen where I was eating my enchiladas to show me. So, Pat let her and she was so proud.
For the fifth elimination, I was upstairs giving Charley her bottle and I knew Ryan was trying to go potty. Then I heard Pat laughing hysterically and calling for me to come downstairs. So I brought Charley down as she was taking her bottle and he wanted to show me the poop which was as big as an adult poop. I think it was because she had been holding it in (except she HAD gone two times earlier).
In miscellaneous potty news
- When Ryan first starting potty training on Saturday we were trying to talk to her about "can you feel it when you need to go?" We were saying that it wanted to come out and was "knocking on the door" and she had to let it out. On Sunday, Ryan said to Daddy "uh oh....it's knocking on the door" and ran to the potty. So, that's the new phrase we use to ask if she needs to go. Which is what we ask all day long. I'm getting tired of hearing "do you need to go potty? Is it knocking on the door?" I think Ryan is even more tired of hearing it. I think my small loyal blog followers are most tired of hearing it (information about potties).
- Ryan has quickly discovered that she can use the excuse of needing to go potty when in bed for naptime and bedtime (even though she is wearing a pullup). We can't say no so she gets to get out and socialize more or read a book. Pretty smart...
- Ryan was getting a sticker everytime she went potty but now she doesn't even ask for them. She's just doing it because that's what she's supposed to do.
- We promised her a kite if she went poopie in the potty and I told her yesterday that Daddy would take her after he got home from work. But, when he got home she just wanted to play and what else? Poop! So, I may take her tomorrow with Charley (my first trip to Walmart or any store with both). That may lead to another posting.
- Lastly, I bought Ryan Dora panties a couple of weeks ago. At the beginning of this potty training extravaganza she DID NOT want to have anything to do with them But, by Monday she wanted to wear them and was quite proud. They are so cute!!
OK, I think I have exhausted that topic. Thank you Ryan for being my muse. I did not feel the Holy Spirit teaching me any lessons regarding this topic. Maybe next time....
KK
Should you have looked up muse? Is it the right word? Not sure, just asking. A verb according to one dictionary.
ReplyDeleteI'm finally caught up now with your blogs. Where did you find those from India or wherever? Is this all you do?