Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Disney World--Day 2--Hollywood Studios

This will be quick. I just want to record what we did before we have a busy day tomorrow and I forget. We are still having a great time. Exhausted tonight but it didn't hit us until we finished everything. We had a later start to the day. Left the room between 9 and 10 (I think 10 and Pat thinks 9, we can't remember). Got to Hollywood Studios to have lunch at Mama Melrose. But, before that we got to meet (i.e. get autographs and pictures made) Sofia the First and Jake. Charley gave Sofia a necklace she made and a note.  After lunch, we got to meet Mickey and Minnie. Charley was sooooo excited. Minnie had a new room built for her and it was super pretty and fancy. She gave Mickey a note that said: you are the best boss.

We rode the Toy Story Mania ride which was SO FUN and I think my favorite part of the day. It was interactive and 3D and we shot at targets. Can't describe how fun it was. We rode a space simulator Star Wars ride.  It was the roughest ride yet and the girls liked it.  Pat and I felt kind of sick but it was really cool. It was also 3D and it felt like we were flying through space narrowly missing running into things.

The Tower of Terror is a haunted elevator ride. I talked Charley into riding it with me by promising to buy her something. As we walked up we heard people screaming inside and Pat put his foot down and wouldn't allow her to go. She started to cry because she wanted a new toy. I was mad because I wanted to ride it and no one would go with me. So, Pat then told both girls we'd buy them something. Then, they wanted $30 things and we settled on them each getting ANOTHER stuffed animal (for $20) and them using $10 of their own money. Things went downhill for about an hour with the beginning being when Pat put the kibosh on Tower of Terror and then end being when we made the final purchase.  I told Pat it wasn't my fault and he claimed it was. He said that I'm normally so cautious but that was one of the worst parenting decisions I had ever made to allow her to do that. He reminded me that she thought the puppets in the Disney Junior show were real and she was scared of Yoda in the Star Wars ride. True. Later at Fantasmic she was whimpering and hiding her eyes at the bad witches in all of the Disney movies. Pat thought she might not get into an elevator again if she rode the Tower of Terror. I'm still not sure. I think it would have worked out. She is too short to go on Space Mountain with me tomorrow but I'm working on Ryan.

We saw four shows today. We saw Disney Junior Live which was a combo of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sofia the First, and Doc McStuffins. They were puppets and we were all expecting the characters. It was cute but not as great as we expected. It was fun to see the characters with the music we hear in our house all of the time.

Then we went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid which was really cool. They had special effects like rain and mist on the audience and lasers that made it look like we were under water.  They had glow in the dark characters too.

We saw a live show of Beauty in the Beast. It has been described as being as good as a Broadway musical and it really was great. Lots of characters and great costumes. Only 30 minutes. My style of Broadway musical.

Then, we had tickets to Fantasmic and had to race from Beauty and the Beast to get our seats. It was outside by a lake-like area that had a huge volcano-looking rock island. It was a show about Mickey's dreams and talked about how imagination can be good or evil. The show played clips of all of the various Disney movies showing the "good guys" and the "bad guys." The amazing thing was there was a wall of water works between us and a projector so the projections appeared to be floating out above the water because it was being projected onto the shooting water. Who comes up with this stuff?  It had fireworks, lasers, and water shows. During the nightmare part there was fire across the water. There was a witch that was growing taller and taller (like growing to the top of the volcano) and I turned to Pat and asked "how do they do that?" I was curious about the special effects and Ryan answered in a put out way like I was an idiot and said "with a wand." Thankfully this is all still magic to her!!  In the end a huge river boat came by with just about every Disney princess and character you can think of. The good in his imagination triumphed.  Charley was holding up her new Pluto stuffed animal (see above) for Mickey to see his friend. As Ariel went by on the river boat Charley was sure that she recognized her and waved at us specifically. When it was over she said "it seems Mickey is the boss of the whole world." She had been saying he was boss of Disney World.  Everyone thought Fantasmic was their favorite of the day...I still pick the Toy Story ride.

We came on back to the resort and ate at the restaurant here and are crashed in our room ready for another big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment