Saturday, December 21, 2013

Disney World--Day 6--Back to Magic Kingdom for third time

I'm on a plane now to Boise. We got up at 4:15 a.m. to catch the 7 a.m. flight.  We made it (meaning the whole trip). So, to re-cap the final day.....

Again we had a leisurely morning and left the room around 10:30 a.m. We got there and Pat stood in line to see Tiana and I took the girls to do the Magic Carpet ride. After Tiana we had a quick lunch and then Charley wanted to go back and see Tinkerbell. She said she wanted to check out how we were shrunk and if we were in the grass. When she came back she said she could see the grass above her. I walked Ryan over the Splash Mountain. She said the only way she would do it is if she could have a sleepover with Emma when she was 7 not 8. I tried other bribes like treats and donuts and she stood firm and finally I gave in and said she could do it this summer. I texted Caroline to see if it would be OK so I wouldn't make any promises I couldn't keep. Caroline said yes and that Splash Mountain was one of Emma's favorite rides so that helped. We stood in the longest line yet which was about 30 minutes. Pat and Charley made it back from Tinkerbell and got to see. It turned out to be Ryan's favorite ride.  It really wasn't that bad at all. We got a good picture.

For the afternoon we saw our last princess, Merida from Brave. We also rode Dumbo again (and played in the play area where Pat saw the guy who won the US Open (Justin Rose)). We rode the Little Mermaid ride for the first time. Then, we had some time to spare before dinner at Be Our Guest. The girls wanted to ride the Mad Tea Party again so we did.  Then, Charley wanted to do it again and Ryan wanted to do It's a Small World again. So Pat took Ryan and I rode again with Charley. That was her favorite ride. She just laughed and laughed as we spun.

Then it was time for our final dinner. We ate at the Beast's castle. We had lunch there earlier this week but it was dark for dinner and they played "fancy" music.  The Beast was there walking around. Charley was scared at first but they told us that he was in a good mood and she said she liked him. She said her food was good and she wondered if the Beast cooked it. She asked the waiter and he said he supervised the cooking and tasted it.  When we left we got to have our picture taken with the Beast. It was a perfect ending. We started the trip with Cinderella at her castle and ended with the Beast at his castle. Our planner couldn't have done a better job.

Last night I was sleeping with Charely and we were almost asleep and she said "I love you Mommy" out of the blue.  Ahhhh, so precious!

A few random things: when we were on a ride and Ryan was controlling us going up and down Charley said "you are the best dwiver Wyan."

We were strolling along and Charley said "now I can say potty (she was trying to say party). I used to say potty but now I can say potty." Her "r"s are getting better but still sounds alot like potty:-)

I had to stay back at Magic Kingdom to get something worked out with our Photo Pass last night so I rode the shuttle back to the hotel alone. I was watching a family that cracked me up and summed up Disney World. It was two exhausted parents with two little boys and one girl. The whole family was covered in glitter. The little boys were shoving each other and the Dad took away their swords and a few minutes they noticed and one yelled "where's my sword?" The little girl had been to Bibbidy Bobbidi Boutique and was in a princess gown, hair done, and crown. She fell asleep in the Mother's arms on the shuttle. Classic.

It was a great trip-but one I don't think I could repeat for at least a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment