We had a leisurely morning again and didn't leave the room until around 10:45. We spent the day at Animal Kingdom today. We had reservations at Tusker House, in Africa, for lunch at noon but they let us check in early around 11:30. It was a really good meal-huge buffet with everything in the world with an African flair (chutney, tabbouleh) but also mini-corn dogs and Mickey Mouse pancakes. It was another character meal and we met Donald going in and he had a picture of us taken with him which was delivered to the table. Then, we met Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy at the table. It was our first meeting with Daisy so we could check her off the list.
Then, we went to see the Lion King show and it was amazing. It didn't seem like that big of a stage at first and we had heard it was the best show at Disney. The audience sat all the way around the middle but then they brought out these HUGE sets with HUGE animals and then a huge stage with flying trapezes and a high bar and trampoline. There was a "monkey" acrobatic show which was amazing. Their were guys dancing on slilts. These shows are perfect for my attention span-20 or 30 minutes and it's over. Costumes were amazing.
We saw another interactive show called It's Tough to be a Bug from A Bug's Life. This was super cool. It was teaching us about bugs and why they are important to us but there was a bug who was trying to kill the audience since we try to kill them. They sprayed the audience and the auditorium filled up with some kind of fog and mist hit us. It was in 3D and fly swatters were coming at us. Then, a stinkbug released it's smell and the auditorium smelled bad. Then, the chairs had something in them that stung the audience. Pat got stung but I didn't. Then at the end they told us to stay seated so the bugs could exit first and it felt like something ran across the bottom of the chair. I cannot fathom how they come up with this stuff.
Then we went on a safari and rode in an open-air bus type thing. Charley kept saying "what's this called again?" She was forgetting the word safarri. We saw elephants, lions, zebras, hippos, rhinos, and pink flamingos (they are pink from the beta carotene they eat). Ryan knew when we saw an okapi and I don't even know what that is. She said she learned it on Diego two years ago. She said she had a good memory for animals but nothing else. Ha! She and Charley are smarter than me. As a side note, I was with Ryan on It's a Small World ride the other day and said "look at that thing made out of coconuts." I don't even know if she knew what I was talking about. She then pointed to the same thing a minute later and said "look at that mother platypus with its egg." She was a little more descriptive and accurate. Ha! Back to the safari. The lion was so close and it didn't look like there was any barrier but Pat said there was a huge ditch with netting between us and the lion. It was freaky anyway. When we were on the safari Charley said "are we at real Africa?" Ha! Also, when we were on the Peter Pan ride a couple of days ago we were flying above a city at night and I pointed and said "look at that city" and Charley said "is it a real city?"
Then, we went to Dino-Land and rode a little spinning dinosaur that was like the Magic Carpet or Dumbo in Magic Kingdom. Ryan for some reason wanted to go in this fast ride next door which had major drops and spins. She loved it. I'm using that to my advantage to get her on Space Mountain or Splash Mountain on our last day.
Then, we took two buses back to Downtown Disney for our shopping spree. First we ate at Wolfgang Puck's Quick Service. There was a Disney Christmas store where I got their friends' Christmas gifts (personalized ornaments with Tinkerbell on top of Mickey ears). Ryan picked that for herself and Charley picked an Ariel ornament. I got myself a pretty little art glass Mickey Mouse head ornament.
I met a girl at the Christmas parade who showed me these siilloutes she had made in Downtown Disney so I had the girls do that. It was AMAZING. This guy looked at their profile and just cut it out of paper. He didn't draw them out at all. They are just precious and look like them. It's crazy. I love them.
Then, we took the girls shopping. I still feel nauseous from the amount of stuff they bought. There is a HUGE Disney store that is like a department store. They each had money from Gin Gin & Bubby and Nana & Papa. Ryan got the mother cat that goes with the baby cat she bought the other day. It's tail is super long. Pat said as he was pulling it off the shelf her eyes got bigger and bigger as the tail kept coming out. Then, she said "I'll take that one." It is so Ryan. She says she wants five cats when she is older. We told her about being a cat lady and she said "I am a cat lady." Oh no! Ryan also got Anna (the sister of Elsa). I told them I'd buy them a tee-shirt too and they instead picked $40 princess gown pajamas which are especially cute. Ryan picked Belle and Charley picked Ariel. Little do they know they still have money left and will be paying for those out of their own money:-) Charley picked a Minnie Mouse dressed like Tinkerbell and Mickey Mouse wearing Pluto pajamas. Leave it to Charley to pick out something so complicated.
So, we came back to the room to get packed up and organized. We had them lay out all of the stuff they bought and it's absurd. In addition to the above, they have their Elsa dresses and shawls, Charley's Minnie ears, Ryan's Rapunzel cone hat, Ryan's Elsa crown, Charley's Pluto dog, Ryan's baby Marie, Charley's Elsa doll, and four autograph books. We took a picture of all of this stuff with them in their new fancy nightgowns in front of the headboard while it was lit up in fireworks and the princess portratis on the wall beside them. Could there be a better moment in their lives?
We go to Magic Kingdom again today and have dinner at Be Our Guest again tonight at 5. I'm definitely getting ready to leave but not dying to leave like you might think after all of this. The real world will be hard to adjust to. At least we now have a week in Boise and Christmas. That's not real life yet:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment