Well, the adrenaline of the first three days has come to an abrupt halt for me but I powered through. Everyone else seems to be faring better. Our first three days were packed and I like that because the excitement was carrying us through. The last three days are a little more relaxed and that is nice.
Today we went to Epcot. We took our time getting out this AM and left the hotel around 10:30-ish. We first went to see Elsa and Anna from the new movie Frozen. Those are the costumes we bought at Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique on Sunday. The girls wore them again today since we would be meeting them. Charley added her Minnie ears to the ensemble. We arrive at the line and it was a 2 hour wait and we were told it was 4.5 hours over the weekend to meet them. They are by far the most popular characters since the movie is brand new. Pat stood in line and I took the girls to lunch. We ate a a good Mexican place in "Mexico." One of the best meals I've had. We took carry-out back to Pat in the line. Then, I took the girls to get autographs from Mulan and Donald Duck. Then, Pat took the girls to ride something next door in "Norway" with a short line while I waited and chatted with a family from Singapore who traveled 30 hours to get there. I won't complain about Orlando to Boise after learning this. Then, I had a mild heat stroke from the direct sun and became nauseous and chilled for about an hour. I sat in the shade and was freezing. I drank a Sprite. I recovered nicely. Anna and Elsa were super nice. Elsa taught R & C how to freeze things and unfreeze them. We left and forgot to give Elsa the necklace Charley made and Pat snuck them back in to give it to her. She was very sweet and said it felt cold.
We had some Fast Passes for some rides that were scarier than the girls wanted to do. So we did some slow, low-key ones including Nemo. It was nice to sit down and float around in a boat and look at pretend sea life. Although at the end there was a real aquarium (I think-I've lost perspective as to what is real and what is not) that had Nemo projected onto it.
Then, Charley wanted to go meet Goofy and Ryan didn't want to. We went to a show about the turtle in Nemo (Crush). It was cute. It was a movie but the turtle would ask the audience questions and talk back to them. So, someone was obviously manning the microphone in the back. When we left I asked Ryan if she had ever seen a movie where the characters talked to her. She looked insulted and said that wasn't a movie and that it was the real Crush because movies can't know what people are saying. I cannot believe she believes this!!! She thought the turtle was in an aquarium talking to us.
Then, we met back up with Pat and Charley and strongly encouraged Ryan to meet Goofy. She was nervous but did and we got more pictures with Minnie and Mickey again. Then, we stood in line and met Chip and Dale. When I say met, it always means pictures and autographs. Sometime around this time we realized that the girls only had two pages left in their autograph books and we had to buy them each another one. I'm not sure anyone has filled up an autograph in four days before. I'm sure they have but goodness it's tiring. Pat was texting Susie today about what we were doing and she said we earned a "Fast Pass" to heaven for doing all of this. Ha!
Then, Charley insisted on meeting Duffy, Mickey Mouse's teddy bear. I had a hot chocolate with two shots of Baileys while Ryan begged for donuts (there is a video of part of this).
Then, we went to Akershus a castle in Norway for another Princess dinner. Belle greeted us and the girls got her autograph and picture. While we were eating she had the pictures developed and delivered to our table. Then, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, and Aurora stopped by to visit again and have pictures made. Charley noticed that they looked different. We explained that they might do their hair and make-up differently or just be tired. Let's hope they don't look at pictures too closely later. Pat and I noticed that there must be a hierarchy of princesses and that Epcot princesses are a step down from the Magic Kingdom princesses.
We had dinner at 5 and were going to head back after dinner but decided to swing by "England" to meet Mary Poppins. We were pretty tired and waited in line and once again they went on a break (this time for tea and crumpets) with us next in line. We were just going to go back to the hotel but decided to wait out the 20 minute break. Pat took the girls over to Alice in Wonderland and got her pictures/autograph while we waited. Then, we finally got to meet Mary Poppins. She and Bert had sidewalk chalk and drew kites on the sidewalks with the girls. It was sweet.
Phew....that was today. Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom and Friday is not planned. I think we'll definitely go back to Magic Kingdom but swing by Hollywood Studios first to ride Toy Story again.
On a side note, we have eaten so much food. They give huge portions and dessert with lunch and dinner. I feel so gross. Bleh!!
No comments:
Post a Comment